The Pro-Ice system is specifically designed to provide high-quality water for the ice making industry. Benefits include increased ice clarity, low maintenance and higher surface temperatures.
Using state-of-the-art reverse osmosis technology, our Pro-Ice system safely and economically demineralizes your flood water, substantially improving ice quality and reducing operating costs. Customers include: NHL, Olympics, College, Municipal, Speed Skating and Curling facilities.
Ice resurfacing accounts for about 12% of the total refrigeration plant design load and operating cost. Using Pro-Ice water allows the facility to maintain higher ice surface temperatures and a thinner ice sheet, thereby
significantly reducing conductive load.
Our Pro-Ice systems remove impurities (minerals, organics) from the flood water, which leads to a "world class" sheet of ice. Demineralized water alone does not guarantee a better ice surface or lower operating costs. We complement this technology with the professional support of experienced engineers and ice makers. We work with and train your operators on how to properly utilize this equipment for an ice rink application.
Pro-Ice Water Treatment Package Includes:
• High Flow Membranes
• Ice Quality System
• Storage Tank
• Distribution System
• Skid Mount Package - (optional)
• Potential energy savings dependent upon facility conditions
• Speed skaters will experience improved times (i.e. lower co-efficient of friction)
• Hockey players will enjoy the harder, faster ice surface with less snow build-up
• Figure skaters will enjoy the improved ice texture and visibility of edged lines
• Lines and logos will be brighter and more visible due to superior ice clarity
Standard Pro-Ice Models Available
• provides 1800 gallons of water per day
• suitable for curling facilities with 2-3 sheets
• Storage capacity - 400 gallons
• Provides 3600 gallons of water per day
• Suitable for curling facilities with 4-6 sheets
• Storage capacity - 600 gallons
• Provides 5400 gallons of water per day
• Suitable for hockey operations. Allow 3 to 5 days for ice installation and no mid-season changeovers.
• Storage capacity - 800 gallons
• Provides 7200 gallons of water per day
• Suitable for standard single pad facility
• Storage capacity - 850 gallons
• Provides 10,800 gallons of water per day
• Suitable for NHL, multi-pad and frequent changeover facilities
• Storage capacity - 1200 gallons plus
Installed in 15 NHL Buildings
Air Canada Centre - Toronto
BankAtlantic Center - Florida
Consol Energy Center - Pittsburgh
HP Pavillion - San Jose
Honda Center - Anaheim
Jobing.Com Arena - Phoenix
Madison Square Garden - New York
Nationwide Arena - Columbus
Pepsi Center - Colorado
Prudential Center - New Jersey
Scottrade Center - St. Louis
Bridgestone Arena - Nashville
Staples Center - Los Angeles
United Center - Chicago
Verizon Center - Washington
HSBC Arena - Buffalo
"It is simple for staff to operate, cost effective and gives great consistancy to the ice."
Bill Stoner, VP Facilites and Operations
Regina Exhibition, Regina, Saskatchewan
"Our best sheet of ice ever."
Chris Jones, Operations Maintenance Manager
Gaylord Centre, Nashville Predators
"The Pro-Ice system should be the standard for ice making."
Bill Harpole, VP of Operations
Verizon Center, Washington Capitals
"We are now in our fifth year of operation and this equipment is still operating flawlessly and the high praise we receive for our ice continues."
Mike Gartner, President
National Training Rinks, Newmarket, Ontario