The Pro-Ice system is specifically designed to provide high-quality water for the ice making industry
With the Pro-Ice system, you can improve your ice quality while reducing operating costs. Used by some of our most prestigious clients, including the NHL and the Olympics, Pro-Ice is just as accessible for ice makers at all types of facilities, such as municipalities and schools/colleges. Whether you need ice for hockey, curling, speed skating, figure skating or even bobsled and luge, Pro-Ice is a practical and economical way to get professional quality ice.
Our ice making technology
Using state-of-the-art reverse osmosis technology, our Pro-Ice system safely and economically demineralizes your flood water, meaning that it removes impurities such as minerals and organics from the water. We then complement this technology with the professional support of our experienced engineers and ice makers. By training your operators on how to properly use this equiment for an ice rink application, we maximize the quality of your ice while lowering your operating costs.
The benefits of the Pro-Ice system
Ice resurfacing accounts for about 12% of the total refrigeration plant design load and operating cost for most arenas. Using Pro-Ice water allows your facility to maintain higher ice surface temperatures and a thinner ice sheet, thereby significantly reducing the conductive load and ice maintenance. At the same time, Pro-Ice helps you to achieve a world class sheet of ice with increased ice clarity.
Pro-Ice Water Treatment Package Includes:
- High Flow Membranes
- Ice Quality System
- Storage Tank
- Distribution System
- Skid Mount Package - (optional)
- Potential energy savings dependent upon facility conditions
- Speed skaters will experience improved times (i.e. lower co-efficient of friction)
- Hockey players will enjoy the harder, faster ice surface with less snow build-up
- Figure skaters will enjoy the improved ice texture and visibility of edged lines
- Lines and logos will be brighter and more visible due to superior ice clarity
Standard Pro-Ice Models Available
- Provides 1800 gallons of water per day
- Suitable for curling facilities with 2-3 sheets
- Storage capacity - 400 gallons
- Provides 3600 gallons of water per day
- Suitable for curling facilities with 4-6 sheets
- Storage capacity - 600 gallons
- Provides 5400 gallons of water per day
- Suitable for hockey operations. Allow 3 to 5 days for ice installation and no mid-season changeovers.
- Storage capacity - 800 gallons
- Provides 7200 gallons of water per day
- Suitable for standard single pad facility
- Storage capacity - 850 gallons
- Provides 10,800 gallons of water per day
- Suitable for NHL, multi-pad and frequent changeover facilities
- Storage capacity - 1200 gallons plus